Thursday, March 28, 2013

3-28-2013: Zbrush Zbrush Zbrush

My challenge to myself this week has been learning Zbrush! I decided that, even though my thesis film is going to be 2D, a digital maquette of my character might be helpful to keep the animators (myself included!) on-model. Here's the character turn (there are some errors I'll need to fix, the position of the arms, for example):




With the help of some Lynda.com and Pixelogic tutorials, and my great friend Kintan Chauhan, I've made a great deal of progress in the last few days! Though it started out a little rough, ha ha.


Seriously?

Ew...


Here's where it is now!

Getting a little more comfortable here! Woo!

For those who might not know, the rough spots on her shoulders are what "Zclay" looks like before it's been smoothed out. I'm loving this program! And the tools I've learned so far are only the tip of the iceberg. Huzzah!

No comments:

Post a Comment